Friday, October 15, 2010

Sadie is a (favorite) lady

For years, I have heard about Sadie and have admired her career and life from afar. Although we run in the same social circles and attend many of the same charity events, we have never had the opportunity to sit and talk style icon to style icon.The closest opportunity was when she called and asked my opinion about the naming of her blog, Six Inches High and Rising. That all changed last Sunday when we met and during a rather wonderful hike learned a lot more about life, love and style.


Sadie, you look so beautiful, what are you wearing?

My own design, of course.

You know The Manly Dandy is truly about being comfortable with who you are and celebrating the normalcy that makes you truly unique, what makes you unique?

I take life as it comes, enjoying and exploring every moment. Most people have to stress about this or that, but not me. As long as I get S-U-P-P-E-R on the dot, and as long as I have squirrels to chase, I'm a pretty happy girl.



Let's do a quick-fire set of questions. You just give the answer that comes to your head.

Favorite color: gray

Favorite high-end designer: Hermès. It's French, just like my breed.

Favorite every-day look/designer:
My favorite every-day look is butt naked. To paraphrase RuPaul, if you can't be comfortable in your own skin, how in the hell are you going to wear designer duds?


Favorite luxury item you cannot be without: My new
Frontgate sofa bed.

Favorite food or place to eat:
yes

Favorite style icon:
The Manly Dandy, of course. And Austin Scarlet.

Oh Sadie, you're dreamy. Thank you.


Favorite boutique:
TailsSpin, in Habersham Village.

Wow, Sadie, you're good at this. You have a rather keen mind. Recently, I read about your endeavors with education and know that you are an advocate for children and their education. What do you think is the biggest issue facing school-age children? What advice would you give to parents of school-age children?

Be sure to feed them S-U-P-P-E-R so their minds have fuel for the day.


Parents should listen to you since you did so well in the education system. You understand spelling quite astutely. What is your favorite past time?

Do I have to pick just one? I like chasing squirrels, chewing sticks, going on long walks and being with my ma and pa.


Your mother and I have a rather magical and mythical photo somewhere and I am dressed in vintage Pucci from the 60s. I am sad you weren't at that party.

It's so good to be socially aware AND fashionable. I applaud you. Do you remember the first time we met?


Of course. I couldn't take my eyes of your shoes.


You have many friends in Savannah. Who do you love seeing out on your walks?


Prince Harry, Lancaster and Griffin all from Six Inches High and Rising.

What do they think of your style?


Everybody say LOVE!


What is the key style advice you would give the readers?


We're all born naked, and the rest is just drag.


Yes, Sadie. Everybody say Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment